Object-oriented and database-driven - In Engineering Base not only the graphic symbols are kept in the data model as in conventional systems, but also the plant objects themselves such as e.g. devices, connectors and lines, including even structuring objects such as locations, functions, and topology.
- This offers considerable advantages for editing: Projects can be structured and devices can be described completely independent of whether, when and in which form they are represented graphically.
- All objects, documents and even embedded external documents are securely stored in the database. Irrespective of the operating step sequence persons in charge can work on the projecting data in parallel.
Architecture - Due to its multi-stage client-server architecture, Engineering Base can be used from a company-wide solution to a portable single workplace. These are the appropriate prerequisites for a distributed, cooperative engineering approach.
- Engineering Base offers the unique ability to keep several projects in a database, with several users being able to work simultaneously on each project
- Licenses are likewise administered centrally and can be temporarily transferred to local or mobile computers e.g. for editing during commissioning
Use of standard components - By using standard components, which comprise the invisible work of several hundred developers, AUCOTEC achieves the greatest innovation capacity worldwide
- Microsoft Office Visio is the de facto global standard for 2D-schematics. It is easy to learn, and many technical users know it anyway.
- The Microsoft SQL server is the high-performance, transaction-safe database system with perfect integration into WINDOWS. The advantage is the safety compared to file-based systems
- VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) offers industrial sectors or companies the possibility to create additional solutions without becoming dependent on resources or special know-how of single development partners.
Safety of the data access - By sophisticated access rights it is ensured that only authorized users may edit projects, catalogs or dictionaries or even view them at all. Thus e.g. even external companies can work on current project data without endangering the confidentiality of other projects
Version and revision check - In Engineering Base, features are implemented that enable recording of the version states of a project in order to be able to later compare them with any other status and thus to create e.g. detailed difference lists for wiring
- Intelligent wizards control the integration into the revision and release processes of the company
Interfacing with EDM/PDM and ERP systems - This solution offers a flexible integration option for various EDM/PDM systems and provides functions for archiving, management and project editing.
- With its Communication Framework (CF), AUCOTEC offers universal integration of the CAE system Engineering Base and SAP R/3. The CF is uncoupled from the CAE system, is independent of release status and can be adjusted to the company workflow by means of a Basic script.
CIM Database video sequence#1#2#3#4#5